pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Allergic to Winter

I think I'm allergic to winter. This is a sad thing because I love winter. A gloomy cloudy day is so happy to me. I love rain and a little bit of snow. Ice I'm not to fond of. But back to being allergic, I have had nothing but migraines and sinus pressure since the cold more winter like weather has rushed in. It makes it very hard to enjoy when it feels like my head my explode right off my neck. Not a pretty picture. I can't help but be a bit on the grumpy side.
I am working on a bag for a high school friend that said she wanted one. Granted today I haven't even made it into the sewing room. I have been folding and putting away the mountain of laundry that has piled up. I hate doing laundry. Its not so much the washing but the putting it away. But the bag is cute. Just a tote with a patchwork pocket in mostly greens.
I am also doing the swoon-along http://www.flickr.com/groups/1904864@N22/ I have no idea how many people the group is up to. It will be fun seeing how different one quilt will look in different fabrics. I still haven't picked out what I want to do mine in. I did do a test block in pink and grey. I think it will turn into a baby quilt for my friend. I thought I had till April for that wee baby quilt, but surprise, she had that sweet little baby girl 3 months early. Baby Olive is doing really really good for coming into the world at 26 weeks. Beautiful tiny little 2 lbs 7 oz (I think) baby.
No shop stuff this week. the house needs to much attention this week and my focus is off. Hope to back at creating fun stuff next week.
Maddie has been working on a quilt for her teacher and his wife who are expecting their first baby next month. She did the layout and the sewing herself. I helped with the cutting and some of the quilting. She rocked it too. This quilt turned out great!

No comments: