Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Monday, December 29, 2008
I hope she likes it.
Next month is my wonderful friend Katy's month.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Sorry for the sideways picture. This is a doll bed that I made for Miss. Maddie
My wonderful friend Katy http://www.imagingermonkey.blogspot.com/ Made this wonderful robot for Wyatt.
And Lucas just kept wanting more things to open.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Birthday fabric bought with a gift certificate to one of my favorite online shops. It was from my Mommy, Daddy and Grandma. It is always good to feed the fabric addiction.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
I love cold weather. Winter is my favorite time of year. But I am a California coast girl. Winter is cold, but there is no snow. Well maybe every few years it sprinkles down a bit but nothing sticks. So I have lived California winters for 27 years, they are mostly the same. I have now entered my 3rd Texas winter. Holy crap, they are all so different. You have no idea what the next day will hold. Our first winder there was a freeze. The entire city shut down. The next winter you hardly needed a sweatshirt. Now this year it is just plane nuts. One day we are in the low 80*s then the next it is 31*. I don't know if I am hot or cold most of the time. Today is cold. I guess tomorrow is going to be spring time weather. Ack.
Ok, that is enough weather ranting.
My 30th birthday was last Friday. Hubby took the day off work. We went to lunch, got my slice of Chocolate Cheesecake, picked Maddie up from school and then did a bit of Christmas shopping. We got the kids an air hockey table. What a hit that has been. There was no way to hide the giant box so it is all set up and the puck is flying.
My mom, dad and grandma got me a gift certificate to the Fat Quarter Shop. So I did a little shopping. And the wonderful Katy sent me an amazing sewing box full of goodies.
Back to sewing. I have a few things to finish up before Christmas.
Friday, December 12, 2008
And if you can't read all that...
The Quilt goes to Vintage Bubbles
The Bag goes to Jacquie
And the mystery prize goes to LauraJ
So, I will try to email you to get you addresses. Sadly I am not finished with the bag and the quilt. So give me a week or two to get it finished and in the mail.
I am off to get me some yummy Cheesecake for my Birthday. Thank you for all your comments
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
And winner number two will get a bag made out of these
You have till December 11 to enter by leaving a comment on this post. I will pick the winner on my Birthday - December 12.
I am off to make a bag and a quilt.
Monday, November 24, 2008
The Worcester Sharks (whoever they are) Won. I can't say I care about who won or who lost. I went because it was fun. It was just good to watch the game. And a few good punches between the teams. (I like the fights too) Oh, and we did get a puck that went flying into the crowed.
Only in Texas would you find a restroom sign with cowboy hats, spurs and a bowlegged baby in a hat.
Now back to crafty stuff. I have a lot to get done.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
And Heather Bailey.
I guess it is kinda like paying an elephant in peanuts. You pay Beth in fabric. And I am completely good with that.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
I am doing a small quilt class this week with 3 new sewers. Maddie and 2 other little girls are going to be doing a very simple strip quilt for their first project. I will try to get the finished project posted as soon as they are done. I have one very excited girl waiting to sew. She is telling everybody she talks to.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
7 random things about me.
1. Fish scare the living daylight out of me. I love to go to places with water but will not go in it. I miss living close (10 minutes away) to the ocean but because of the presence of fish I will not enter. I have seen the ocean from the beautiful beaches of Hawaii and Costa Rica and only went in because I was grabbed tossed of the shoulder of a friend and ran strait into it. I got out fast. I have had fish jump out of aquariums and hit me. I hate fish. Ack.
2. Clowns scare me. I had a clown at a gas station grab me and try to dance. I also got into a strange argument with a mime in Disneyland. I was the only one talking but we did have a good crowd gathered around. I told him I didn't like clowns and I think he was trying to tell me he wasn't a clown. It went on for a while. I think I laughed for days off that one.
3. I love Disneyland more then my kids ever could. I am a junky. I have not had a Disneyland fix in almost three years and I need to go bad. In the year before we moved to Texas we went 6 different times. Most of the trips were 5 and 6 days apiece. My Hubby said that he wishes he could see it through my eyes. It is my magical place. I cry every time I walk through the train tunnel leading you to Main Street. And I do the park the same way every time. We enter through the left tunnel, walk up Main Street, then we go into Adventure land, then into Frontierland, I will only enter Fantasyland through the castle, we walk back to toontown, then into Tomorrowland. Then I cry like a baby when we leave.
4. People think I am weird. Do you believe that? Me weird? Just the other day a friends Mom asked if I was a bit weird. He told her I was a Lot weird. I think she saw me in these. Apparently this is not normal behavior. Who knew.
5. I love Starbucks Coffee Frappuccino. But this time of the year I switch over to the Pumpkin Spice ones. I could live off of Frappuccino. I don't, so nobody tell me how bad they are for me. I like to get the biggest one too and I don't share them well.
6. Fabric is one of my favorite things. I have had a hard time buying it online because I can't touch it. There are no good fabric store close by so I have to order it. So I pet it when it gets to my house.
7. I think Armadillo roadkill is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. An armadillo on his back with his legs sticking strait up in the air can make me laugh for hours. Sick but true.
So I will tag my dad who I call Fred even though his name is Mike, Miss Gingermonkey (sorry Katy) and anyone else who actually read through all my craziness. Good luck.
We moved to Texas 2 1/2 years ago and I will have to say that we are not happy here. We have had good time and have come across some wonderful people but the joy we had in life isn't there. So we have made the difficult decision to leave behind friends and go back home.
I am hoping to be laughing a lot more again. I need to be happy. I think my kids will be happier having their grandparent close to them again. I think life will be fun again.
I am not sure when this move will happen. Any time after the first of the year I guess. When we put our house up for sale.
On a craftier note I have been working on a last minute baby quilt. The baby's room is a hunting theme i guess. This is the best I could do with what I had. Sorry it is sideways
Then there is this last minute notebook thing I made for a teacher at Maddie's school for her birthday.
Monday, November 3, 2008
He picked a Pirate's Of The Caribbean cake. I guess it was good. I am not a cake eater.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
I have done a few crayon rolls for the craft show. I have many to go, but its a start.
This is the wonderful package I got from John http://quiltdad.blogspot.com/ for the 6" mini quilt swap. I love it all. I still have to get his in the mail. Sorry John.
This is a quilt I am working on for a cute little red head boy. This is one thing I will soon be able to cross off my Christmas list. Its a long list. I need to get moving.