pages

Monday, June 2, 2008

The Things I Do


The last day of school is in 3 days. I had a few teacher come up to me at the last minute and ask for bags. I would like to have them finished by the last day of school. One has a zipper. I have never done one before, so that was a new experience. Not as bad as I thought it would be. But I still have the bag to put together. The other is a diaper bag, or Nappy Bag if you my dear Katy. (she told me I said it wrong) It is out of one of my favorite Amy Butler prints. Then I also have 2 quilts to do for the way fun 6" quilt swap. I can't seem to stick to the 6" thing though. I hope to have everything to the right people soon.
Also I joined a Russian Doll Swap, put on by Katy over at http://imagingermonkey.blogspot.com I am thinking that a small quilt made from the Russian doll fabric I found on etsy would be way cute. Still thinking though.
Maddie would like to learn to make a quilt over the summer. I think we will start on that soon. I will maybe post pics of her progress.

5 comments:

John said...

Hi Beth! Thanks for visiting my blog. Sorry, I'm a bit behind on responding to my comments. I've enjoyed checking out your blog -- you do beautiful work! Adding you to my Google Reader ...

Unknown said...

That's right - NAPPY bag. ;) (I will teach you to speak proper English!)

I bet madelyn's quilt turns out brilliant...when she's done maybe she can teach me how to do it properly!

jillytacy said...

Sounds like you'll be cranking out the bags to meet your deadline. Do you sell them or are they gifts?
I'm looking forward to seeing the quilt you and Madelyn make together. You'll have so much fun together. I can't wait till my daughter can sew with me!
I joined the Russian Doll swap too and can't wait to get to work on it. I have quite a few projects to finish before I can get to that.

the girl said...

I LOVE the quilts. The red & black are stunning!

susan said...

sounds like you are going to be very busy for the very near future.
i joined the russian doll swap too and i have absolutely no inspiration on it yet....