pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

Not What I Wanted To Be Doing

At 8:00 I was getting kids ready to go to bed. I go into the very messy boys room, look around and decide that cleaning will be a tomorrow thing. But then something catches my eye. There are small black things crawling around on the floor. Now I am not talking a few. Gazillion would almost cover what my eye had just seen. Then the seen from the new Indiana Jones move flashes through my head. (yes I did go see a grown up movie, with other grown ups, and no kids) So I go get the ant removing tool, also known as the vacuum. So here I am tossing toys in buckets and vacuuming at the same time. What talent I poses. I am still in awe with how many ants were in there. I know this is Texas and there are a huge number of buggies and when it rains they come in. And in they came. I have a huge number of bites to prove it. Did I tell you they bite. So I am going to take some Benadryl and a shower and go to bed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ugh. I hate ants, you're making me itch thinking about them. But I like the vacuum ant killing machine. Do you think it works with wasps?

Michael Lockridge said...

I don't know about vacuuming wasps. I engaged some yellow jackets with a yard blower, once.

I learned a very interesting dance.

Texas. Just a matter of days!

Yeehaw!

jillytacy said...

Ants are a pain, literally I guess. Though the ones I found today didn't bite. I think it's the dry weather that brings them in looking for water. The vacuum sounds like a great clean up tool.