pages

Thursday, July 10, 2008

It has been a while



So, keeping 3 kids happy over the summer is hard work. Then you add an allergy attack out of nowhere and and it becomes much, much harder. I haven't had allergy trouble since we left California. I spent the last 4 weeks feeling terrible. Most allergy meds make me loopy. Funny for other people to witness, not so much fun for me. So I am taking something now that has had very little bad affect and I feel a bit more like myself. Thank goodness to because sick me is no fun to be around.



It has been raining off and on for almost a week now so the kids have been trapped in the house. They think with nothing to do. The mountains of toys they have would say otherwise. So yesterday I had then, well Maddie and W, draw me a monster. I took their drawing and turned it into a stuffed monster. They have been happily playing with there creations. I need to come up with some other fun non messy things to do. Work books came only keep then busy for so long. Yes they seen to like workbook time. Who knew.



I have been working on a few things.




  • I picked what deer design I am going with. I am happy with it, I think. I am not telling though. You will have to wait till I am finished and it makes its way to its new home.

  • A baby quilt for my Mom's friend. Its coming along.

  • A Birthday quilt for a special little girl.

  • 2 mini quilts for the mini quilt swap

  • A small quilt for the Miniature Booty Swap

  • And I am working on a list of things to start and try to finish by Christmas.

We will see how it goes.


Back to work now





6 comments:

LauraJ said...

that is one pretty quilt!!

Unknown said...

I love that quilt so much, and I know the new owner will too!!!
Those monsters are brilliant. Tomorrow we are making bunting for Miss G's birthday, her and her 2 friends are decorating it. Hopefully it'll keep them quiet for a little while.....

Kimmie.K said...

Glad you are feeling better--I can identify with the loopy thing. I can hardly take a tylenol without having side effects....

I can't wait to see the deer quilt when it is complete. Good luck with all the other projects!

And thanks for the compliments on the mermaid:) She was a joy to make. I always feel satisfied once I get a new pattern right.

jillytacy said...

You're a busy girl! I can't wait to see the finished products!

Lauri said...

I am SO WITH YOU about keeping the 3 kids busy all summer...I'm nearing the end of my rope! We've been keeping busy this week with sewing up some felt animals...I have several Japanese craft books with Patterns in them. I'm using the 'cheap' felt sheets with them (5 for a dollar at Hobby Lobby) and sewing them up with embroidery floss...talk about cheap and easy! But I do have to say that y'all's monsters are absolutely darling!

Unknown said...

What cool "monsters!" Great idea to take something "bad" and turn it into something so loveable :)

p.s. your dad let a comment on my blog telling me about yours - that's how I found it - your blog is fun :)