pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cutting

That super cute little tree trunk is the wonderfully amazing quilt I received from mypurplecrayon for the Out Of The Box theme. I am loving the 6" mini quilt swap. It is just to much fun. I need to get her package to her.
I spent most of yesterday cutting out crayon rolls, checkbook covers and credit card wallets for the craft show in December. I feel like I have gotten nothing done. I guess it is because I have no finished products from all the work. I don't like that feeling. I should feel like I got a lot done. I cut out 10 small and 10 big crayon rolls, 10 checkbook covers and 8 card wallets. Now it is on to the sewing. But I am taking today off to work on some treat bags for W's birthday party.

I am using the wonderful tutorial by the wonderful Pink Penguin http://ayumills.blogspot.com/2008/09/tutorial-reversible-patchwork-bag.html I am doing 7 pirate ones and 3 girly ones. Well may be 4 there is a family with a little baby girl. Man there is a lot of piecing on these. I'll get a picture up when I have some finished.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Man. I am hating this new comment thing on blogger. I'm giving it third time lucky....

cheat - do one side pieced, one side a single piece of fabric, or do them all in un-pieiced fabric. I am lazy...you'll see soon enough ;)

BLOGGER - POST MY COMMENT OR I AM GOING TO FIND YOU AND KICK YOUR BUTT....(and breathe, Katy, breathe)

jillytacy said...

I love your mini quilt! The tree trunk is fabulous!!! I want one too! I've been so busy i haven't even checked out the new quilts in the flickr group. I guess I should head over there to see the fun and great quilts I've been missing.