pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

No Power = No Sewing and crazy kids

Living in the trees has its perks and its down falls. Like falling trees. And when the trees go down the power goes out. Thankfully no trees came down close to our house, but close enough to wipe the power out for the last few days.
So we have been doing a lot of Lego building, kids running trough the house in the dark, in turn driving the grown up out of their minds, and I have done a lot of reading.
My mom picked up a new book for me the other day. I love kid book. Like the Harry Potter's and such. She had herd that this series was that good so she picked up the first book in the Percy Jackson and The Olympians for me. So with 2 powerless days I have finished the first book the Lightning Thief. What a fun book. The chapter titles are enough to pull me in. Things like...
*Three Old Ladies Knit the Socks Of Death
*I Become Supreme Lord of the Bathroom
*We Visit the Garden Gnome Emporium
What could be better?
Oh, I know, my favorite line from the book
"What horrible things would you have to do in your life to get woven into Hades's underwear?"
So that is the question of the day.

Now that the power is back on and the kids seem calm, it is back to sewing. I have a few things to do before this little one makes her entrance

No comments: