pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

My Weekend

So my weekend plans had been a trip to Costco and working on my deer quilt. What my weekend turned into was a trip to a small town in Nevada to pick up my little brother and his friend after crashing his car and rendering it completely useless as a car. But I guess it could have made a nice planter box if he could have gotten it home.


We found out about his crash Friday evening and by 8 pm Hubby, Lucas and I were in the car heading their way. My Mom and Dad watched the other 2 kids. Friday night we made it as far as Hubby's family's house in Sacramento, then Saturday morning we drove out to Battle Mountain Nevada were they spent the night. We loaded the battered and bruised car crash victims into our car and drove to Reno for the night. Hubby took off to play the slots for a bit and Lucas and I played games at Circus Circus's midway. After hubby won a whopping $15 we went up to our room to get some sleep. Then Sunday morning after a big cup of coffee we were off for the drive home.


So all in all they are fine but little bro doesn't have a working car and we got to have a unexpected road trip.

No comments: