Sunday, November 30, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
And winner number two will get a bag made out of these
You have till December 11 to enter by leaving a comment on this post. I will pick the winner on my Birthday - December 12.
I am off to make a bag and a quilt.
Monday, November 24, 2008
The Worcester Sharks (whoever they are) Won. I can't say I care about who won or who lost. I went because it was fun. It was just good to watch the game. And a few good punches between the teams. (I like the fights too) Oh, and we did get a puck that went flying into the crowed.
Only in Texas would you find a restroom sign with cowboy hats, spurs and a bowlegged baby in a hat.
Now back to crafty stuff. I have a lot to get done.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
And Heather Bailey.
I guess it is kinda like paying an elephant in peanuts. You pay Beth in fabric. And I am completely good with that.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
I am doing a small quilt class this week with 3 new sewers. Maddie and 2 other little girls are going to be doing a very simple strip quilt for their first project. I will try to get the finished project posted as soon as they are done. I have one very excited girl waiting to sew. She is telling everybody she talks to.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
7 random things about me.
1. Fish scare the living daylight out of me. I love to go to places with water but will not go in it. I miss living close (10 minutes away) to the ocean but because of the presence of fish I will not enter. I have seen the ocean from the beautiful beaches of Hawaii and Costa Rica and only went in because I was grabbed tossed of the shoulder of a friend and ran strait into it. I got out fast. I have had fish jump out of aquariums and hit me. I hate fish. Ack.
2. Clowns scare me. I had a clown at a gas station grab me and try to dance. I also got into a strange argument with a mime in Disneyland. I was the only one talking but we did have a good crowd gathered around. I told him I didn't like clowns and I think he was trying to tell me he wasn't a clown. It went on for a while. I think I laughed for days off that one.
3. I love Disneyland more then my kids ever could. I am a junky. I have not had a Disneyland fix in almost three years and I need to go bad. In the year before we moved to Texas we went 6 different times. Most of the trips were 5 and 6 days apiece. My Hubby said that he wishes he could see it through my eyes. It is my magical place. I cry every time I walk through the train tunnel leading you to Main Street. And I do the park the same way every time. We enter through the left tunnel, walk up Main Street, then we go into Adventure land, then into Frontierland, I will only enter Fantasyland through the castle, we walk back to toontown, then into Tomorrowland. Then I cry like a baby when we leave.
4. People think I am weird. Do you believe that? Me weird? Just the other day a friends Mom asked if I was a bit weird. He told her I was a Lot weird. I think she saw me in these. Apparently this is not normal behavior. Who knew.
5. I love Starbucks Coffee Frappuccino. But this time of the year I switch over to the Pumpkin Spice ones. I could live off of Frappuccino. I don't, so nobody tell me how bad they are for me. I like to get the biggest one too and I don't share them well.
6. Fabric is one of my favorite things. I have had a hard time buying it online because I can't touch it. There are no good fabric store close by so I have to order it. So I pet it when it gets to my house.
7. I think Armadillo roadkill is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. An armadillo on his back with his legs sticking strait up in the air can make me laugh for hours. Sick but true.
So I will tag my dad who I call Fred even though his name is Mike, Miss Gingermonkey (sorry Katy) and anyone else who actually read through all my craziness. Good luck.
We moved to Texas 2 1/2 years ago and I will have to say that we are not happy here. We have had good time and have come across some wonderful people but the joy we had in life isn't there. So we have made the difficult decision to leave behind friends and go back home.
I am hoping to be laughing a lot more again. I need to be happy. I think my kids will be happier having their grandparent close to them again. I think life will be fun again.
I am not sure when this move will happen. Any time after the first of the year I guess. When we put our house up for sale.
On a craftier note I have been working on a last minute baby quilt. The baby's room is a hunting theme i guess. This is the best I could do with what I had. Sorry it is sideways
Then there is this last minute notebook thing I made for a teacher at Maddie's school for her birthday.
Monday, November 3, 2008
He picked a Pirate's Of The Caribbean cake. I guess it was good. I am not a cake eater.